What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How can I learn more?
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or OSF Healthcare Foundation as part of your estate plan.
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
You can also make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
Naming OSF Healthcare Foundation to support any area of the OSF Ministry as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy or retirement asset such as an IRA, is an easy way to create a legacy gift without the expense of changing your will.
Please contact the Office of Planned Giving for more information. (309) 566-5653 or toll free (877) 574-5678. All calls are confidential and there is never any obligation when requesting more information.